CANT INSTALL OFFICE 365
Cant install office 365? – Recently I had an issue trying to convert a workstation from Office 365 2013 to Office 365 2016. The Office 365 2013 uninstalled without a hitch but I was unable to install the newest version of Office 365 or reinstall the original version and it was quite frustrating. In the end I ended up on the phone with Microsoft who in turn had several technicians viewing my screen. It took nearly 3 hours to sort the issue out and get Office 365 2016 installed and functioning.We performed a lot of steps unsuccessfully. In the end the fix was simple.
- Uninstall the current version of OFFICE 365.
- Download the free version of CCleaner available here.
- Run the registry cleaning tool. Save the backup when prompted
- Browse your “C” drive to “Program Files” > “Microsoft OFFICE (version) and delete the directory
- Browse your “C” drive to “Program Files (x86)” > Microsoft OFFICE and delete the directory
- Reboot your computer and run CCleaner registry cleaner one more time.
- Install the newest version of Office 365
Should the above steps not work below are links to the additional tools the Microsoft technical team tried with my problem. Additionally the browsed the registry manually and deleted the Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook registry keys. You can also try registering the msoffice.dll by typing regsvr32 msoffice.dll in the “Run” box
- Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.1
- Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus Direct Download
- Fix Microsoft Programs that Cant be Installed or Uninstalled
- Uninstall Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 365 from a PC
Register the regsvr32 msoffice.dll
As a side note CCleaner listed above is a great tool to keep your computer neat and tidy. I use it regularly at the day job.