I spent a few years as a member of the Trend Micro Power Users Group (PUG) testing various versions of beta security products. As result of that experience I’m always trying out various antivirus programs and security suites searching for a program that works well, doesn’t cause a big performance hit and most of all doesn’t crash the computer. As of this writing August 17 2010 for the first time I am suggesting a Microsoft product. The best part of all is this program, Microsoft Security Essentials, is absolutely free for pc users with a valid installation of Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7. Check out Microsoft Security Essentials at the Microsoft product page here.
FastStone Photo Resizer is a great intuitive image resizing and renaming. It will batch convert and batch rename with ease.
FastStone Photo Resizer is an image converter and renaming tool that intends to enable users to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode. Drag and Drop mouse operation is well supported.
- Resize, crop, change color depth, apply color effects, add text, watermark and border effects
- Support JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG2000
- Rename images with sequential number
- Search and replace texts in the file names
- Preview conversion and renaming
- Support folder/non-folder structure
- Load and save settings
Best of all its free!!